Nobody is unaware of SAR-COV-2, known as novel coronavirus. It’s an animal origin most infectious disease the whole world is fighting against. Cure against this is still on its way to the medical system. Other than medicine best way to fight is to build up your immune system strong. A healthy immune system can reduce the risk of getting infected.
WHY BOOSTING IMMUNITY IS NECESSARY?
To reduce or control the spread of COVID-19, countries have implemented a complete lockdown to prevent community spread. Where one side touch being the fastest mode of transmission of this virus, researchers claim this virus to be active on steel or plastic surface for 2-3 days.
Boosting the immune system is the first and foremost important step in the fight against corona or COVID-19. As economically it’s impossible to stay in complete lockdown for a long time because not earning might lead to more death rather than dying in this pandemic.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF CORONA VIRUS?
A coronavirus attack is not to a special or group of people. This virus is spread simply when an infected person happens to sneeze or talk and the tiny droplets from mouth or nose called aerosols carries the virus into the air, if some other person present around 6ft of that infected person gets their lungs infected.
Different individual shows different symptoms, but most common are listed below: –
- Dry cough
- High fever
- Sore throat
- Body ache
- Chest pain
- Breathing problem
HOW DOES STRONG IMMUNE- SYSTEM PLAYS IMPORTANT ROLE?
This pandemic has led to realizing the importance of a reliable immune system. Our immune system is a set of networks and proteins to protect us from germs and infections. The immune system comprises antibodies, complement system, WBCs, lymphatic system, and bone marrow. The immune system is the foremost weapon against any virus.
The virus primarily enters through your nose and mouth moving gradually through our respiratory tract, disables the defense cells, spreading all over and causing a serious threat.
People suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and hypertension are prone to higher risk of getting infected.
HOW CAN AYURVEDIC FOOD/HOMEMADE TIPS HELP YOU BOOST IMMUNITY?
Ayurvedic treatment has been proven to be the best treatment for many diseases for years. With no side effects, Ayurveda cure has long-lasting effects.
Few ayurvedic foods that you can find in your kitchen or garden that helps in boosting immune system: –
- Turmeric – One of the most common cooking spices you’ll find in every kitchen. It has anti-inflammatory properties. The curcumin ingredient present in turmeric helps in activating T-cells and treat against inflammation.
- Ginger– Another excellent spice for intake for anti-inflammation. Excellent for treating sore throat. Its antiviral properties maintain healthy digestion, which ultimately strengthens your immune system.
- Spinach/green vegetable– Green vegetables are highly rich in irons and vitamins. They help in purifying your blood. In addition to this presence of nutrients like antioxidants and beta carotene in spinach helps to increase the ability to fight against any virus.
- Citrus fruits– Citrus fruits contain a high amount of vitamin c in it. Fruits like lemon, grapes, oranges, etc… intake of such fruits help to produce white blood cells to fight against disease and infection, prevents cell damage by removing the free radicals, ultimately reducing chances for cancer.
- Papaya- In recent years papaya has emerged as an excellent fruit for keeping your heart healthy. It is full of vitamins c, nutrients, and potassium.
- Yogurt- It is also one of the essential food habits one should include in their diet. Yogurt takes the responsibility of keeping your gut healthy that certainly boosts your immune system.
WHAT SUPPLEMENTS YOU CAN TAKE?
Contrary to the home remedies supplement should only be taken after proper check-up or doctor’s consult.
- Vitamin C- For many years it is consumed to treat the common cold. It also helps in maintaining healthy skin and improve WBC functioning.
- Vitamin D- Sun is an excellent source for vitamin d. Tablets are when medical test reports show a deficiency of vitamin d.
WHAT DRINKS OR AYURVEDIC KADHA YOU CAN PREPARE AT HOME?
INGREDIENTS- 2 cup water
Process – crush or grind the spices. Add this to the boiling water. To this add ginger and Tulsi leaves.
Boil the mixture for about 10-15 min
Strain the mixture and consume when warm
The best time to consume- morning is preferred in an empty stomach.
- INGREDIENTS- ginger, turmeric, lemon, Tulsi, and honey.
Process- to the boiling water, add ginger turmeric and Tulsi.
Strain the mixture. Add lemon and honey to it and sip like a tea.
WHAT HEALTHY HABITS YOU CAN ADOPT TO STRENGTHEN IMMUNE SYSTEM?
By adopting healthy lifestyle habits, can strengthen you from inside. Such as-
- Try to get at least 7 hours sleep.
- Engage yourself with some physical or cardio exercise for at least 10-30 min daily.
- Practice meditation for 10min daily to calm your mind and soul.
- Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.
- Include lots of green veggies and fruit in your diet.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate yourself.
WHAT PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO TAKE?
Prevention is better than cure is a widespread saying-
- While coughing or sneezing, tuck your mouth and nose.
- Don’t go outside unnecessarily. Stay home and keep yourself safe.
- Carry sanitizer. Wash your hand at regular intervals.
- Avoid touching your face again and again.
- Maintain a proper distance while having a necessary conversation with others.
- Keep your surroundings clean and sanitize.
On one place our researchers and doctors are giving their best they find a cure or vaccine for our protection. We can adopt various habits to boost our immune system. Our modern medical system is still on its way to find a permanent solution. If you have any tips to stay fit in this pandemic feel free to suggest in the comment section.
I have passion for writing. I am a freelance writer and capable of writing on different topics. My special interest is on health, beauty, education, and current topics.