Key-phrase are combination of two or more than two words that is highly related to the content, if it’s not related to content then google won’t rank our page.
For Example: If you need an article on best footwear brand in India, then you’ll search “best footwear brand in India” on google probably, so this will become your Key-phrase. Now if any of the article on google have this Key-phrase at required positions then it will be shown in first page on google.
Keyword research is a vital part of writing your content. The following are the steps for keywords research.
The Keyphrase Formula
Decide your keywords first then, frame it into a phrase or a sentence. learn how to convert your keywords into key phrases. An example is given below in picture.
1. Take your keywords and search it on Google.
2. go for the first 8 results shown and choose the best 5 phrases out 8 results.
out of the 5 chosen key phrases, you have to make 1 primary keyphrase (Focused keyphrase) that suits best with your title of the blog.
3. The rest of the 4 Keyphrases will be considered Secondary keyphrases (Related keyphrase).
NOTE: This is not the most recommended step, instead you can choose keywords by your own and check its volume by the given method below.
Now you have to see if people are actually using your choosed keywords while searching. You can do this by using this amazing free tool by Neil Patel: “Uber Suggest“. click here to use that tool that will show you the volume(no. of people using that perticular keyword for searching) for each keyphrase.
Enter your keyword and select loacation as English / India and hit the search button.
If search volume is more than 1000 only then choose it as your primary/secondary keyphrase.
Frequency of Keywords
1% to 3% of total no. of words (if there is 1000 words then min. 10 times and max. 30 times.)
It’s good if you choose to go for 2% of total words.
Example: If you write a content of 1000 words then you must include a total of 2% that is 20 times.
Now you have to choose how many secondary keywords you want to add let say you are using 3 secondary keywords and 1 primary keyword obviously. Then you have to use primary keyword 5 times in blog and secondary keywords 5 times each.
Placement of primary Keyword
This is a vital part of making SEO friendly blogs.
1. it should be present in the title
2. Present in the first line of the blog
3. Present in two of the subheadings
4. And rest all over the blog.
5. The primary keyphrase should be evenly distributed throughout the whole blog. Make sure that the distance between the keyphrases is not big.
Placement of Secondary Keyword
Each of these key phrases should be present once or twice in subheadings and rest all over the blog. This should be related to primary keyphrase.
Points To Remember
Things to keep in mind before Writing
1. Minimum 1200 words must be there in a blog (word limit can be changed as per client’s requirement).
2. There should be at least “n” subheadings in the blog (where n= total no. of words in blog/150).
3. For each subheading, word limit of that paragraph should not exceed more than 150 words.